Steak and potatoes are a fantastic combination and they really shine in this easy and insanely flavorful foil pack meal! […]
Steak and potatoes are a fantastic combination and they really shine in this easy and insanely flavorful foil pack meal!
Savory herbs, olive oil, and garlic bring these ingredients to life in just 30 minutes with pretty much zero cleanup. It doesn’t get any better than that!
- 2-2½ pounds top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 2½-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes. quartered (or halved if they are already less than 1 inch in size, see note)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh thyme or parsley for topping (optional)
- In a large bowl combine steak, potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and seasonings and toss to combine.
- Divide steak and potatoes between four 12×12 inch sheets of foil, then wrap the foil tightly around the contents to form your foil packs. Grill over high heat for about 10 minutes on each side or until steak and potatoes are cooked through OR bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through to desired doneness (see note).
- **If you prefer a char on your steak, you can open up the packets at the end and cook for a couple minutes directly on the grill, or for baking you can switch oven to broil for a few minutes (with packets opened).
- Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley and serve immediately.
**For medium doneness on the steak, boil the potatoes first for five minutes before adding to the bowl and proceeding with the rest of the recipe. This will help them to cook faster once in the foil pack.