Do you have access to broccoli? Then you need to make this recipe! This just shot up to the top […]
Do you have access to broccoli? Then you need to make this recipe! This just shot up to the top of my list for favorite side dish. It is simply delicious.
- 1 large head broccoli
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- optional: 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Lower the oven rack to the lowest level possible. Place a rimmed baking sheet on the rack and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Cut the crowns from the broccoli. Remove the outer peel from the stalk and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces measuring 2-3 inches in length.
Toss the broccoli in a large bowl with the oil, salt, sugar, and garlic.
- When the oven is heated, remove the baking sheet from the oven quickly. Carefully transfer the broccoli from the bowl to the baking sheet in a single layer. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast the broccoli for 10-12 minutes until the florets are lightly browned. Serve immediately.