Ingredients 2 medium Granny Smith apples 2 Tablespoons dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries, or dried currants 3 Tablespoons […]
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 Tablespoons dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries, or dried currants
- 3 Tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon whole, shelled walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon honey
1. Rinse and remove cores from apples. Do not peel. Cut into 1 inch pieces and place in medium bowl.
2. Add dried fruit and yogurt to bowl. Mix well.
3. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast nuts until golden brown and fragrant. Watch closely so they do not burn. Remove from pan and let cool.
4. Chop cooled nuts with a knife.
5. Add chopped nuts to bowl. If using, add honey. Toss and serve.