When a five-year-old Ohio boy discovered his parents, Chelsie Marshall and Lee Johnson, unconscious on the upstairs floor of their house […]
When a five-year-old Ohio boy discovered his parents, Chelsie Marshall and Lee Johnson, unconscious on the upstairs floor of their house he walked barefoot in the dark from his own house to Currey’s to warn relatives that his parents had taken a near lethal dose of heroin.
Thinking his loved ones had died, the boy is said to have hiked to a relative’s house to seek help.
“Officers Ryan Morgan and Trey Porter arrived on scene along with the fire department and went to the boy’s home and found that both parents had overdosed on heroin,” the Middletown Police Department posted online.
The child also saved the life of his three-month old sister. The girl was found by police sitting alone in a car seat when the couple overdosed.
“This 5-year-old child, a hero, saved three lives today,” police wrote online. “How can something so awesome be so sad all at the same time?”
“We brought the young boy and infant into the police department after the incident. He was given a badge for being so brave.”
According to WCPO news, the parents were treated with opioid blocker naxolone at the Atrium Medical Center.
The young boy and his sister were sent to stay with their grandmother out of town after their parents’ arrest.